VCAP® is a comprehensive simulation data comparison and analysis program. When performing data comparisons, it provides powerful features for normalizing simulation data to adjust for differences in format, timing and print mode.
VCAP® provides complimentary features to VTRAN® by performing timing analysis on a simulation results file to determine output pin delays and transitions, input pin timing behavior, and a resource summary for checking tester compatibility. VCAP® can also be directed to generate a comprehensive summary of signal transition times which can be used to set sample/strobe times in a VTRAN® translation of print-on-change vector data (like a VCD or EVCD file) to ATE test programs.
SOURCE III, Inc. SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
CAREFULLY READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO USING THIS SOFTWARE. USING THIS SOFTWARE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please remove any files downloaded from our web site, delete any license keys, and your money will be refunded.
LICENSE: You have the non-exclusive right to use the subject program. This program can only be used on a single computer (or at a single site if a Network License, or on any of your corporate sites if a WAN license) by employees of your company. The use of the program by anyone outside your company is not allowed. You may not distribute copies of the program or documentation to others. You may not modify or translate the program or related documentation without prior written consent of Source III.
YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY, MODIFY, OR TRANSFER THE PRORAM OR DOCUMENTATION, OR ANY COPY, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
BACK UP AND TRANSFER: You may make copies of the program solely for backup purposes. You many transfer and license the product to another party if the other party agrees to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. If you transfer the program, you must at the same time destroy any backup copies of the program and license keys you have. With an active maintenance and technical support contract, there is no charge to move the node-locked license to a new node. Source III requires only that it be provided with a written request, stating the old hostid, the new hostid and the assurance the software will not be run on the old machine after it is installed on the new machine.
COPYRIGHT: The program and its related documentation are copyrighted. You may not copy the program except for backup purposes and to load the program into the computer as part of executing the program. All other copies of the program are in violation of this Agreement. With this License Agreement, you are granted the right to print copies of the documentation (available from our web site) for internal use.
- TERM: This license is effective until terminated. You may terminate it by destroying the program and license keys and all copies thereof. This license will also terminate if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. You agree, upon such termination, to destroy all copies of the program and license keys.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS ASSUMED BY YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT SOURCE III OR ITS DEALERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION, FURTHER, SOURCE III DOES NOT WARRANT,GUARANTEE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIVES REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, OR OTHERWISE, AND YOU RELY ON THE PROGRAM AND RESULTS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING WARRRANTIES, LICENSOR REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE CONTAINING OR CALLING UPON A CALENDAR FUNCTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY FUNCTION INDEXED TO A CPU CLOCK, AND ANY FUNCTION PROVIDING SPECIFIC DATES OR DAYS, OR CALCULATING SPANS OF DATES OR DAYS, SHALL RECORD, STORE, PROCESS, PROVIDE AND WHERE APPROPRIATE, INSERT, TRUE AND ACCURATE DATES AND CALCULATIONS FOR ALL THOSE DATES AND SPANS, INCLUDING AND FOLLOWING THE DATE JANUARY 1, 2000. THE ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PATICULAR PURPOSE THAT IS MADE BY SOURCE III ON THIS SOURCE III PRODUCT. NEITHER SOURCE III, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTIONS , OR DELIVERY OF THIS PROGRAM SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, THE RESULTS OF USE, OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH PRODUCT EVEN IF SOURCE III HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIM. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- MISC.: This License Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and shall inure to the benefit of Source III Corporation, its successors, administrators, heirs, and assigns.
Should you have any questions concerning this Agreement, please contact in writing to:
Source III, Inc.
3941 Park Drive #20-342
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
|Annual Subscription Price
|VCAP®||Vector comparison and analysis program||$6,000|
- TERMS are Net 30 days.
- For Licensing, Source III offers two mode options. The first is a NODE-LOCKED LICENSE which can be run on a single machine, either thru local login or thru remote login. Multiple copies of the program can be running at the same time. The second form of licensing is a SITE LICENSE which allows the software to run on any machine physically connected to the network at a licensed site. Any number of copies can be running simultaneously on different machines in the subnetwork.
- In addition, Source III offers both annual subscription licenses and perpetual licenses.
- For subscription licenses, maintenance and technical support are included. This maintenance and technical support includes telephone "hot line" and internet technical support as well as automatic updates of new releases via our web site. Pricing for a perpetual license includes 12 months of software maintenance and technical support. Following the first year, software maintenance and technical support for a perpetual license is available for 20% of the current license price per year.
- Distribution of Software and documentation is done entirely electronically. The latest copies of our software, brochures and manuals are available from the Product pages and Download page of this web site. Software License Keys, for evaluation of the software as well as permanent keys issued from a Purchase Order, are delivered to customers via email. Due to this method of distribution, all software sales, whether in California or not are exempt from sales tax per the following regulation:
California Code of Regulation, Title 18, Chapter 4, Section 1502(f)(1)(D)
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
VCAP® is a comprehensive simulation data comparison and analysis program. When performing data comparisons, it provides powerful features for normalizing simulation data to adjust for differences in format, timing and print mode. Timing analysis on a simulation results file includes reporting output pin delays and transitions, input pin timing behavior, and a resource summary for checking tester compatibility.
- Verifying simulation results data with expected results data. This expected results data may be from a VGEN source file or from virtually any other data source.
- Comparing simulation results data from successive simulation runs; for example, from a simulation run prior to physical layout with one after layout.
- Comparing simulation results data produced by different logic simulators. This need arises often when design methodologies utilize behavioral-level simulation and logic synthesis tools, when reference (or golden) simulators are required in the verification process.
- Analyzing simulation results data for pin behavior and timing. This is very useful for checking tester compatibility early in the design cycle.
VCAP® is able to handle a wide range of input data formats using a collection of canned readers for popular formats or by letting the user define the format. This is done with single or multiple format descriptors which the user customizes to describe the input data format. Separate format descriptors can be used for results files from different simulators during data comparisons. Processing of the simulation results from different files can also be used to normalize the data prior to comparison.
- Canned readers and a User-Programmed reader provide the capability of reading almost any simulation results data file.
- Powerful data processing features for normalizing simulation data from different simulators. These include state mapping, timing translation from print-on-change data to cycle data, and input/output data separation on bidirectional pins.
- Flexible, yet powerful data comparison parameters including: specifying which pins to compare, timing tolerances to be allowed during the comparisons, time zones during which to mask specified pins, and four different comparison algorithms from which to choose.
- VCAP® can perform a comprehensive pin behavior and timing analysis on a simulation results file; generating a timing data sheet, transition statistics, illegal state and glitch checks, and the assignment of user-specified tester resources.
A by-product of the increasing complexities in today's typical ASIC or custom chip designs and the powerful CAE tools applied to these designs, is the generation of large quantities of simulation data. This data is intended to give designers an opportunity to validate their designs before committing to expensive fabrication cycles. These verification tasks may include checking output pin timing, checking output pin states against expected states (or against the results of a different simulation run) and making sure that the simulation data file can be easily mapped to the desired tester. VCAP® is a flexible, powerful CAE tool which can be utilized in almost any CAE environment to specifically address these important tasks.
Upon invocation, VCAP® reads the specified command file to determine the simulation data files it is to load and the tasks it is to perform. These tasks fall into two general categories; data file comparisons and data file analysis. In the command file, when doing data file comparisons, a reference and source file are identified, the data formats of the two files are separately defined, required normalization processing is described and the comparison parameters are defined. When doing analysis of a simulation results data file, the command file again identifies the source data file and the format of its data. In addition, the analysis parameters are defined. VCAP® produces a report containing min/max delays for outputs, transition statistics and the identification of tester resources needed to accurately emulate the vector patterns and strobe the output states.
Logic Synthesis tools currently available offer a high-level front-end to ASIC and custom design efforts. These tools allow designers to define their designs in an abstract behavioral language, without concern for implementation details, and then automatically produce a gate-level version for a specific foundry. In the design flow illustrated, two sets of simulation data are generated; one which is primarily state information from the behavioral simulation, and the other which contains detailed timing information from the gate-level simulation. VCAP® can be very effectively utilized here to verify the synthesis process as well as checking spec. timing. VCAP® reads the two data files of completely different formats, normalizing the data for timing and format differences, and then compares the results.
VCAP® with VGEN
VCAP® can be used with VGEN to provide an automatic verification mechanism for checking simulation results against expected results. In this flow, the VGEN source file contains expected output state assignments, as well as input stimulus assignments. The expected output states can be defined as frequently, or as infrequently, as desired. The VGEN command EXPECT_FILE is used to cause all expected output data in the source file to be placed in a file separate from the input stimulus. Following Logic Simulation, VCAP® is then directed to compare the Expected Results data with the output data from the Simulation results file. The timing for expected data can be set to the spec. limits in the VGEN source file so that the checking process will verify timing as well as state data. This verification methodology can be applied to virtually any CAE development environment.
VCAP® report files are created following the comparison or analysis of the specified vector files. The report file produced during comparison of two files includes all parameters relevant to the comparison process, as well as the mismatches found. When a file analysis is being performed, VCAP® reports min/max rise and fall delays, transition statistics, and pin behavior.
SOURCE III provides a suite of CAE tools for dealing with the generation, translation and analysis of logic simulation data files. The software is available on most workstation platforms and interfaces to over 30 popular logic simulators.
Source III's Simulation and Test Data Management tools focus on the creation, translation and analysis for vector data used or generated by logic simulators, ATPG and ATE. Our premier product, VTRAN, links simulation/ATPG vector data to ATE and other CAE tools. VGEN provides a high-level language for quick and easy creation of simulation vector data, and VCAP performs verification/analysis of simulation data files. All Source III products are supported on Sun Solaris SPARC, Solaris X86 and Linux platforms (32 and 64-bit).
- VTRAN - a program which reads the state/time information from simulation or ATPG-generated data files, performs some optional processing on this data and then re-formats it for any of over 30 popular logic simulators and ATE. A powerful link between CAE and Test.
- VCAP - comprehensive simulation data comparison and analysis program.
- VGEN - a stimulus generation language which reduces the time required to create, modify, document, and maintain simulation stimulus files by up to 80%.
- DFTView - a powerful interface tool which connects high-level test languages WGL and STIL to popular graphical waveform display tools, enabling users to see, edit and validate the actual waveforms described in the test languages.